Elijah Fish Farm N.V. was founded in 2009 and is a subsidiary of Elijah Fish Farm Holding NV. Shareholders of Elijah Fish Farm are the investment entities Ivan de Windt, Eric de Vries and Gilbert Martina. Together they own 70% of the shares while the remaining 30% are in the hands of joint venture partner Hesy [...]
Welcome on our website! Established on the beautiful island of Bonaire, Elijah Fish Farm grows Cobia fish for the local markets in Bonaire and Curacao. We pride ourselves in being the first aquacultural farm in the Dutch Caribbean. Our operations are based on a closed Recirculation Aquaculture System (ARS), set up and maintained by our partner Hesy Aquaculture B.V. which allows us to produce this healthy and tasty product without impacting Bonaire’s ecosystem.
As Dutch Caribbean islands, surrounded by the Caribbean sea, fish has traditionally been an important part of our menu. In the past few decades however the amount of fish caught locally has been steadily declining as a result of a decreasing fish stock, causing growing fish import figures. Our vision is, to make the Dutch Caribbean less dependent on import for their food supply through a sustainable food industry. In view of the sustainable character of its operations our fish farm is called Elijah, after the biblical prophet who left the earth without dying.