Elijah Fish Farm N.V. was founded in 2009 and is a subsidiary of Elijah Fish Farm Holding NV.
Shareholders of Elijah Fish Farm are the investment entities Ivan de Windt, Eric de Vries and Gilbert
Martina. Together they own 70% of the shares while the remaining 30% are in the hands of joint venture
partner Hesy Aquaculture BV, the supplier of the equipment and the technical know-how for the
set up of the fish farm.
The set-up of Elijah Fish Farm was financed through a subsidy from EVD (The Dutch Ministry of
Economic Affairs, Agriculture and Innovation), in the context of the PSNA (Programma Samenwerking
Nederlandse Antillen: cooperation program Netherlands Antilles) and a loan from Girobank and
Development Bank of the Netherlands Antilles (
The Elijah Fish farm staff is formed by a plant manager, an aquaculture technician and an assistant.
The total production capacity is 100 tons of fish per year, this is approximately 1600 fish per
week. Our Cobia fish is sold in Bonaire and in Curacao, to hotels, restaurants and
supermarkets, in the near future it will also be sold in St. Martin and Aruba.
Elijah Fish Farm is proud to be able to contribute to the food industry in Bonaire and Curacao with
a local, sustainable product. By offering excursions to tourists and schools, we aim to share in the promotion of
tourism and education.